Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Halloween Blog? Why Not!


Welcome all to my Halloween blog!

My name is Mr. Grimm and I absolutely love Halloween! I have also taken a recent fondness to blogging, so it's a natural fit to enjoy the two together. Now, I realize that blogging about a one night a year holiday doesn't quite translate into a year round topic, but I wanted a place to share my passion for Halloween... even if it's only for a few months a year!

For the past couple of years now, I've been building my own props for my Halloween display and I figured that I'd post them up here. Why not? The web has a nice strong and ever growing community of Haunter's so I figured I would join the ranks and contribute.

This blog will allow me to share my relatively easy (and mostly inexpensive) Halloween haunt projects that will hopefully inspire others as I have been inspired by the many other haunters out there on the web. I tend to try and keep my props and projects easy, inexpensive and storage friendly as I am a family reaper with little Grimms floating around - meaning my resources are sometimes scarce, but that only adds to the challenge!

Here's a short list of some of my past Halloween display projects I will be sharing: a Flying Crank Ghost with a floor based mount, a Flying Crank Ghost with a ceiling mount, a spider victim, zombie crows, cemetery fences, fog machines, fog chillers, costumes, scare strategies, ambiance tips, etc. I also have some new projects I am currently working on for this year that I want to share, so stay tuned and check back often as I will be posting quite a bit.

I also hope to exchange tips, tricks and experiences on the art of haunting and all things Halloween with other enthusiastic haunters out there! So please don't be shy to drop a comment and let me know what you think of a given post.

Thanks for reading and here's wishing you all a Happy Haunting Season!

No comments: